Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time for one of "those" posts

As Ferris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast...if you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

I had one of those moments today.  It's been a crazy, hectic few months and so much stuff has been happening in my life and around me.  My best friend's mom passed away.  My cousin had a baby.  A good friend finally let herself love again.  A friend got a promotion.  My husband is graduating from his program at Carolina.  Things are just HAPPENING left and right and I took a minute to take a step back and say "Whoa, time!  SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!"

But you know what?  It won't.  So I better pay attention.

Tonight I took my youngest son out to dinner.  Just him and I.  We went to his favorite restaurant (Jason's Deli!) and we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and ate chocolate ice cream.  And we laughed!  And we crossed our eyes and made faces across the table.  And I realized that despite all of the struggles in my life, the regrets, the disappointments, the stress... I actually have it pretty darn good.  My life is good. 

And that makes me so very happy.

1 comment:

  1. how about a post on the family blog site? how long has that been dormant?

    ReplyDelete