Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm a DIY master!

I had the entire weekend to myself.  So what did I choose to do with my time?  DIY projects!

 First, I installed knobs and drawer pulls on all the cabinets in the kitchen.  It's hard to believe that we've lived in this house for over 9 years without hardware.  Don't they look great?



 Then I hung these bitches.  Hanging pictures by yourself isn't easy.  Especially at night after a glass or two of wine.  By the way, I got this right on the first try!





Next I put self stick tiles under the kitchen sink.  I like this project so much that I'm going to also do it in all the bathrooms.  Doesn't that look so much cleaner?  (Thanks Pinterest!)





Then I climbed on a ladder and did all the touch up painting in the master.  And I noticed this morning it needs another coat.  DAMMIT.




Then I tackled this mess.  And I'm only half done.




Much improved.



This fucker had to weigh at least 200 pounds.  Don't let that box fool you!!




And I needed a masters degree in Networking to put this back together.  Between the modem, wireless router, DVR box, Wii and DVD player, this took me almost an hour to get put back together.




WHEW.  I'm exhausted.  But the house looks freaking awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment