Saturday, August 15, 2015

Reflections


A year ago today I spent an entire work day fighting back tears, trying desperately not to break down and cry in front of my (still very new) boss, all the while knowing I had a daunting task awaiting me when I flew home that evening.  

A year ago today I asked my husband to choose: me or alcohol.  

The weeks and months that followed were some of the worst of my life, but I knew without a doubt I was making the right decision for myself and my happiness.  I still love my husband very much, but we are in the final months of a separation that will ultimately end in divorce. 

I think back on how we got to this place. It's ugly. It's sad. But in the end, it's the right thing to do. I am hopeful for what is yet to come. I am thankful for the strength I found during this journey.  And I am happy, above all. A lot can happen in a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment