Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2016 Year in Review

Wow, what a year it was. I went into 2016 with a positive mindset, and despite some crazy things that happened along the way, it was probably one of the best years of my life. I went skiing out west, I started a new job, I took a great vacation to Mexico, I was the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding, and best of all, I spent lots of quality time with this guy right here... 


 To say that there were only positive moments would be foolish. I "lost" the most horrible job I have ever had. And I was thankful it happened - otherwise I would have never ended up at Hanover, working for the coolest guy ever. America voted the stupidest man into office. (I, however, did NOT vote for him). I literally have never been so shocked before. It took me three days to finally talk about it. You know it's bad when your 7-year-old wakes up terrified because "we now have to move to Canada." And it seems like every celebrity I actually liked from my childhood has gone - Prince, David Bowie, Carrie Fisher, Alan Rickman... I swear if they had taken Betty White, there would have been rioting in the streets. 

 All in all, though, I think the major difference in this year and the previous years was that I am honestly very happy. I am no longer in a marriage that disappoints me, I'm no longer in a relationship that frustrates and saddens me, and I am surrounded by people who love me and support me. It's a really great place to be - I really am so grateful and thankful for the way my life have been going and it shows every day in the smile on my face. 

I have had so many people go out of their way to tell me just how HAPPY I look, and that's the greatest feeling in the world. The smile is genuine! I am looking forward to 2017 as well. I want to see just where this new zest for life will take me. I've got big goals for work, I've got big goals for myself, and I have so many fun and exciting adventures already planned for this year. I hope you have the most amazing year as well, and we all look back and say "Damn, that was fun. What a great year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment