Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Fucking Monday

I spent the morning getting caught up on work and reading my friends blogs to find out what I  missed over the last few days.  It was during this time that I came across a post from my friend Leah that just hit me the wrong way...

It was THIS post that she reblogged that did it.

While the post was supposed to be a high five to best friends, it hit me in the gut more than I thought it would.  It made me realize that since Heather died, I don't have a "real" best friend any more.  I mean sure, I have friends, just like the next person.  But no one that embodies all of these things that this girl was blogging about.  No particular go-to person to share everything with.  And I think that's why I have felt SO ALONE for the last several years.  There's a chunk of my heart that's missing and just can't be replaced.  I honestly have needed my sister for so many things over the last 7 years and she's just...

gone.

You don't realize what a loss is until you lose your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment