Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Your momma don't dance and your daddy don't rock and roll

I earned some serious cool points with my 6 year old this morning.  My son seems to think that Mommy is crazy when it comes to music because I love to listen to everything (besides jazz and the blues - long story - can't stand them).  So this morning we were driving in the car and Pearl Jam comes on over my iPod.  I believe it was Evenflow that was playing.  My son actually said "Mom, do you even KNOW who sings this song?"  I had to explain to him who Pearl Jam was, what Grunge music was and the Seatlle music scene of the 1990s and how this music influenced much of the musical tastes of my generation and my little sister's generation etc.  I also explained that Mommy LOVES rock music and wishes she could play the guitar blah blah blah.  My son proclaimed he WILL play the guitar and I can be his lead singer.  That's my boy!

Suddenly Mommy doesn't only listen to boy band music.  I earned some serious street cred today!

No comments:

Post a Comment