Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The cure for anything is saltwater; sweat, tears or the sea

This morning it was all three.  I took a walk and was reflecting on the news I received last night.  A former colleague took her own life.  I just spoke to her a few weeks ago on LinkedIn, so to say this was a shock was an understatement.


This morning I thought about what people must go through to get to the point where they feel like they don't have any other options.  And it made me so sad.  I cried for Liz.  I cried for her family.  And I even cried tears of joy because my life is pretty amazing right now and I am so thankful for it.



I took this picture because it reminded me of my favorite poem.

"In those times of trial, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."



Rest in Peace, Liz Mirenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment