Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weekend recap - Cousins' Reunion

I've finally gotten a chance to catch my breath this week, so I wanted to share some of my pictures from my family reunion this weekend.  It started out with my favorite thing to do in Philly:  see my niece and nephew!


Look at this chunker!  I love my Joseph.



Ellie loves a selfie!


We went to Dave and Busters for dinner.  A little sibling rivalry ensued while playing Mario Kart.


I'll give you two guesses who the big winner was?

The next morning, my cousin Vicki and I decided to get up and take a run.  And by take a run, I mean that I CHASED her for 2.3 miles.  Vicki was all "Oh I run slow, feel free to run your own pace."  Yeah.  Ok.


 I ran the Rocky stairs.  Yo Adrienne!



We had a good time and I didn't feel so bad about what was getting ready to happen that night!


Hmm... should I drink wine or vodka later?

Then we got our tourist on!  I have to admit, I absolutely LOVE being a tourist.  I love learning about the history of the cities I travel to, I love doing all the corny things, every bit of it.  But first things first, we had to walk from our hotel over to the Liberty Bell to meet up with the rest of the family.   By the way, I walked over 8 miles (in addition to the 2+ miles I ran) on Saturday!



Ten points for anyone who knows why I took this picture and what song it's referenced in?


This was Ben Franklin's grave.  What's up Ben!?  It's rumored to be good luck if you toss a quarter on his grave and it lands heads up.  I threw a handful, just for good measure.  Believe it or not, they all landed heads up!  WOO HOO!

 This is Independence Hall.  The signers of the Declaration of Independence signed the document right where I was standing.  Pretty cool right?


We also took a Duck tour!  The driver was awesome and knew a lot about history so we really enjoyed it.  This picture sums up the weekend pretty well!

 Dinner on Saturday night was at McGillan's Irish pub.  We loved it!  Lots of great food and a good time.  Here's Vicki and I again.


We ended the night across the alley at Bru, a german beer house.  It was our favorite place of the weekend!  Here's TJ and I.  Can you tell we were feeling good?  :)

All in all a great weekend.  I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment