Friday, September 3, 2010

6 weeks and counting!

I came across an interesting post on a friend's blog today about her 10 year high school reunion and it really made me laugh. I can see why some people get excited about reunions... maybe they want to prove something? Maybe they want to see an ex? Maybe they just want the chance to reconnect with friends they haven't seen in years? Maybe it's all of the above!

I stole this cartoon from my friend's blog - I couldn't help it. It's HILARIOUS!



This October I am the person in charge of planning my 15 year class reunion. I have mixed emotions about all of it. I didn't have a very easy time in high school. I was living through the hell of my parent's divorce. I was borderline depressed most of the time because of alot of different things. High school was ROUGH. But what I didn't realize back then that I actually realize now is that I didn't have it nearly as bad as I thought I did, and certainly not as bad as the kids nowadays do! Life was actually O K.

I think what I'm looking forward to the most is going back to the person I used to be. That girl who lived for beach days and the simple life. Who played sports and drove a hyundai and dated a boy on the soccer team. I'm not concerned about what new fancy car I'm driving or what label clothes I'm wearing (which, to be honest, I have NEVER cared about that shit anyways, why start now?), or where I live or where I work. I'm concerned with seeing people who knew me during those tumultous 4 years. Who got through it with me, who drank beer in a field with a bonfire and cried when we needed to, and laughed and laughed...and moved on to their own adulthoods, battered and scarred, yet thankful to look back and be appreciative of the friends they lived through it with.

And I'm ready to have a KICK ASS time with some of my best buds from those years and their spouses. And I'm ready to spend some time back "home". I never get to go home anymore because my family lives up here with me and not at the coast anymore. Being a military brat, "home" is where the military sends you. Richlands is the closest thing to home I will ever have. And I'm looking forward to going home for a little while.

But on that note, I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm kind of excited to show the boys I grew up with what they were missing. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment