Friday, January 7, 2011

Welcome 2011!

Well this year has certainly started off with a bang.  Just to give you an update of some of the things going on in my life right now...

1. I started working part time.  My company is going broke and with no sales to speak of, we've had some cut backs.  I see this as not that big of a deal because it just means that I get to spend some more time with my son.  Instead of a nanny hanging out with him every morning, I get to hang out with him!   And all of this free time leads me to...

2.  I've started working out again!  My body hasn't ached this much in a very long time.  I went four days in a row this week!  I really missed it, I'm not going to lie.  I have alot of work to do and alot of damage to undo.  Maybe this year will be the year I actually lose the rest of this baby weight.  I'm still carrying around 10 pounds that I can't get rid of!  And there's only 6 more months until summertime...

3.  I also started taking the first of many MBA classes.  I feel like I have gone back to college so many times.  At least this program goes right in line with what I'm doing.  My concentration is going to be on marketing and consumer behavior, so I'm hoping this will also open up the job market for me in the future.  Speaking of which...

4.  I have spent most of my career interviewing for new jobs.  I swear, I feel like all I ever do is interview!  In fact, I had an interview this morning for a software company.  I'm not sure if I'm even interested in the position.  There are alot of pluses to working for this company - it's an established firm, it has CAREER potential, there are some great people that work there, the manager I would be working for is actually pretty awesome...  but then again, I would give up so much by taking the job.  I would give up my time with Tyler, my flexibility and freedom, my ability to see my husband every day at lunchtime and the option of taking my son to school every day.  I'm not sure what I'm willing to go without.  Taking this job would throw my family into complete upheavel.  I would have to find a new daycare, etc.  I have to think about it long and hard over the weekend - I have a follow up interview on Monday that I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do.  Why is it so hard to find a "home" with a decent company for me?  Is it because I think secretly that I don't really WANT to work anyhow?  Hmmm...

5.  I've decided to wait on the decision with what to do with my reproductive health.  I've been on a low GI diet that I'm failing miserably at.  I haven't lost any weight at all and I'm still eating horribly.  And I have a zillion friends that are pregnant right now and it's pulling at my heartstrings to have another baby.  That door may be closed right now, but the option is still there if we decide to change it.  There's alot going on in my life and I thought it would all slow down!

6.  We're still continuing on our path to Financial Peace.  I am happy to report that we have not used a credit card one time since September 5th.  That is astounding to me, since it feels like we have lived on credit for 10+ years.  I hope these good habits continue and that we will continue to pay off our debt as quickly as we had hoped.

So since it's a new year and all, alot of people are making new year's resolutions.  I don't usually make any formal resolutions, but there is one I am going to do my hardest to keep.  I am going to try and be better about keeping in touch with friends.  With all of the technology available nowadays, I will more discounted from my friends and family than ever before.  A facebook status update is not a real conversation with friends.  I will do better to email and call.  I will be informed and interested! 

So I ask you - what are your resolutions for the year?  What's going on in your world?

5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment