Friday, July 22, 2011

This is going to be the longest day ever!

Tomorrow night I'm going to see these guys in concert...

Oh HELL YEAH.  My adolescent self and my early adult self are going to collide in one concert of awesomeness!  I love the New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys and this is going to be the boy band concert to end all concerts.  I'm not even sure if Kenny Chesney is going to be able to surpass this one.  We literally bought tickets for this show way back in DECEMBER and I've been anticipating it ever since!

The New Kids were popular when I was in 7th and 8th grade.  They were the first "real" boy band phenomenon I had ever experienced, and just like all my friends I had the neon shirts and the extra large buttons, proudly displaying our favorite New Kid.  Mine was Donnie, by the way.

The Backstreet Boys became popular my senior year in college and on into my first few years as a working adult.  I took my sister to see them in concert when she was a sophomore in college.  We had the GREATEST time at their show.  Their songs were the soundtrack of my life, it seemed.  Even after my sister passed away, their songs still remind me of good times we had together.

So you can imagine how excited I am to connect my childhood with my adulthood... to dance... to sing along to every word of every song... to share this experience with one of my greatest and most fun-loving friends!  I am soooooooooooooooooo ready for tomorrow!  I will post pictures of our awesome t-shirts too...

No comments:

Post a Comment