Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm SO not ready for this

I feel like it's every week that I hear of someone else I know who has lost a loved one lately and the trend is really starting to scare me.  It wasn't that long ago that if someone I knew lost a parent, it was a major tragedy.  It seems to be happening so much lately that I feel like it's going to happen to me and I wouldn't have even seen it coming.  I know I'm getting older, which of course means my parents are getting older, but I am not ready to lose either of my parents.

My father in law spent the morning in surgery having a lump in his prostate biopsied.  That scares the crap out of me.  My husband's mother has already had breast cancer and beaten it.  I don't want him to go through his father having cancer too.  So many aunts and uncles of mine are very sick - it feels like I could lose one of them at any moment too.  Is this what "feeling your mortality" means?  Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for your family Carrie. Have a blessed day, friend!

    ReplyDelete