Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Is that you, God?

When I was a kid, I used to think that whenever the heavens opened up like this and the sun was streaking through the clouds that God was talking to someone.  This was right over my house on the way home from dropping off my son at school this morning.  I took it as a sign and spent 15 minutes praying...  Instead of asking for anything, I wanted to just say thank you.

I'm so thankful for all of the amazing people and the wonderful things in my life right now.    I know things aren't perfect in my life, but I know exactly how much worse they could be.  I am grateful for those around me whose love and support I have felt in the last month.  When I wanted to cry and feel sorry for myself, you kept me going.  You gave me reasons to live and to be happy.  Today and every day I am thankful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment