Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Challenge

So I've been reading a lot of books about food and nutrition lately and I've decided to challenge myself and my family to eat primarily at home, home-cooked meals for all of August. Eventually I would like to eat 90% of all of our food at home and not in restaurants or fast food. I feel like we've gone a little crazy over the last two months when I look at our bank statements and we've spent $700 this month on eating out!

So here's the idea:
1. I will start cooking dinner every night again. The only exception to this rule is if I am on a date with my husband, or we're on the road traveling.
2. I will NOT go to McDonalds or Chic-Fil-a for breakfast. This is going to be the hardest part considering I will be driving past both (twice!) to drop off the baby at daycare.
3. Make a real breakfast every saturday morning, complete with eggs, bacon, biscuits, pancakes etc.
4. PLAN my menus every week so that I don't get lazy and end up ordering pizza because I didn't decide on something for dinner.

Wish me luck - change is hard! And I'm so lazy lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment