Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I did it...

So I've decided that I am going to run a marathon in January.  Yeah I know - insane!  It's always been a lifelong dream of mine and I figured Why not now?  So I decided today was going to be my first run.  I don't usually run - I haven't really run in years.  I used to really enjoy it when I was in middle school and I was on the track team.  But I was never a distance runner - I was a sprinter!  I ran hurdles!  So the thought of running 26.2 miles scares the absolute shit out of me.  But I had to start somewhere, so I decided today was the day.  I headed out to run around Lake Lynn. 

Now, for the record, I've attempted to run around this lake before and I usually make it about a mile in and I walk/run the second half.  Well not today, buddy!  I ran the whole thing - ALL THE WAY AROUND!  No stopping, no walking... I did it!  And it felt amazing!  GO ME!!!! 

I know it's going to be a long 9 months of training, but if it all goes as easy as that did today, 26 miles is going to be nothing.  Baby steps...

1 comment: