Sunday, April 17, 2011

The 'Nothing'

There are many days that I believe that God is watching out for me. Yesterday was one of those days... I tried in vain to drive home from Washington DC to Raleigh and what should have taken me 4 hours or so took almost 12 hours! Not only was traffic particularly bad in DC, but there were incredibly bad thunderstorms up and down the east coast. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm terrified of storms... Lightning specifically. And yesterday's storm had plenty of lightning. The theatrics in the sky were unbelievable. Between the wind and rain, flashes of lightning would practically paralyze me as I drove. I took a picture of the clouds at one point because they looked like "The Nothing" from The Neverending Story. It was creepy.


What I found out later is that there were over 70 tornados in North Carolina last night. I would have been scared half to death during this storm because I was all by myself. Thank you God for watching over me and keeping me out of town while this weather happened.

Check out these pictures of the sun finally burning through once I got past the worst of the storms...  it was truly unbelievable.


No comments:

Post a Comment