Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wow, it's been quite awile...

Yes I've been absent from the blogging world for awhile.  That's probably a good thing - I had alot of stuff to do!  Just a quick update:

1. I'm back working full time.  Which means that I not only have a decent paycheck again, but it also means I am chained to my computer most of the day.  Which is good news for you blog-loving folks because I will be updating more often!  haha

2.  I have been working my ass off at the gym since January.  I started working out twice a week for a trainer - his name is Chris, he's amazing, by the way - and I have seen some MAJOR progress.  And when I say major, I'm talking I have lost 6 inches in my waist...  That's unbelievable.  I plan on working out with him for as long as I can afford to.  It's worth it - I feel stronger (and sexier! hehe) than I have in years.  That's so worth it to me.

3.  The kids are doing great.  My oldest is almost done with his first year of kindergarten, and the baby will be turning TWO YEARS OLD in just a few weeks.  Where in the hell did the time go??  They are both crazy and keep me on my toes, but what do you expect from two adorable little boys?

4.  We are getting sod in our backyard soon.  If you have followed my sod saga over the last two years, this is significant.  Since we built this house in 2004, we've never had grass in the backyard.  Like EVER.  It's just been an eclectic mix of rocks, weeds and patches of what I would classify as concrete that was just dumped back there.  So I am very excited to be to open the back door to let the boys out to play without having to say "watch our for the rocks".  It will be so pretty and I'm planning to put in a butterfly garden in the back corner.  This is an idea I had a few years back, so I'm happy that it's all coming together.  I will be taking a trip to the farmers market in two weeks to pick out all of my plants.  YAY!

That's about all for now.  I'll try to make sure I update this more often.  I may even steal post ideas from my friends who keep blogs too.  Like Leah's, for instance...  she does "Gratuitous picture of yourself Wednesday."  I'm going to be starting that too. 

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it :) and let the boys run around in it while we catch up!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterfly Garden for Heather?! xoxo, glad to have you back and woop for the GPOYW shout out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICOLE!!!! I miss you too. I feel like I haven't seen you in months.

    ReplyDelete