Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"...and everywhere I went, I was RUNNING..."

Yes I had to quote Forrest Gump.  Every time I think of running I think of that movie.  :)  I went running today at lunchtime, in 94 degree heat, with 100% humidity because I couldn't wait to try out these babies...

I saw these shoes when I was at the mall with the hubs a few weeks back and when I went back to buy them, they were SOLD OUT!  Even the Foot Locker website had them sold out!  Wahhh!!!  I mean, how cute are they?  They freaking sparkle!!  I knew I had to have them, so when I was in DC earlier this week I hopped over to Tyson's Corner mall in hopes they would just have a pair and I would get lucky.  Oh did I ever get lucky!  WOO HOO!  New running shoes!  That sparkle!  This whole running idea is looking better and better. 

So I hauled my hiney over to the lake, turned up the ipod and started out.  Here are my thoughts for today while running...

1. Good God it's hot as $hit outside today.
2. Why does it smell like goose crap everywhere?
3. That man's pants are too tight.
4. I wonder if I'll be able to make it the whole way today - it's hot as $hit!
5. I think I ate too many cupcakes in the last week because my shirt... will just not... STAY... PUT! 
6. I'm sweaty.
7. Geez I love this song... "so raise your glass if you are wrong, in all the right ways..."
8. I wonder if I'll see anyone I know?
9. Why didn't I bring any water?  Daggone I'm thirsty...
10. Oh man, there's the bench....

Now let me explain that last one.  There's a bench at Lake Lynn, dedicated in memory to a lady I used to work with at Powerware.  Her name was Pam and she was the legal person for my sales team.  She and I worked pretty closely in that first year at Powerware and she was always so much fun to be around.  A person with a good sense of humor, who wasn't afraid to actually teach me something, being that it was my first job out of college and all.  She passed away a few years ago pretty unexpectedly.  Every time I go to the lake and I pass her bench, I give it a little pat.  Just another reminder that life is way too short.  You never know when it's your time to go.  Don't hold grudges.  Don't fight with each other.  Be nice, be friendly, make someone's day better with a smile.  That bench was just the reminder I needed today.


No comments:

Post a Comment