Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Heartbroken

I'm so heartbroken today.  I spoke with my best guy friend (from high school) this morning and it seems his mother has taken a turn for the worse.  We found out back in December that his mom had colon cancer.  After one operation in January, she's had so many ups and downs and unfortunately is going to be staying down.  My friend told me that she's back in the hospital and the doctors have told him she has two months tops to go. 

I'm heartbroken for him.  This is the same friend that lost his father when we were 15.  His father died of a heart attack.  And he's also an only child.  If it stands to reason that God only takes the best, He certainly did when he took Mr. Cox.  Now he's taking Mrs. Cox too. 

Today I weep for my friend.  I hope his mother is not in any pain and I hope her last days on earth are filled with love and laughter.  I'm continuing to pray for her and hope that somehow the doctors are wrong.

And I will be adding her name to the list when I run this weekend.  Cancer doesn't discriminate.

No comments:

Post a Comment