Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The littlest angels

Life is so cruel sometimes.  My cousin found out a few weeks back that her unborn baby boy had spina bifida.  They decided to do a procedure in utero that would help close the spine and make his life a bit easier when he was born.  The surgery had many risks...


I found out last night that while the surgery went well and my cousin was doing all right, when they did an ultrasound to check on the baby, he had not survived.  I can't even begin to tell you the anguish I felt when my aunt had called to tell me the news.  It was a crushing grief.  I cried - for my aunt, for my family, for my cousin - I could not even imagine the pain and the sadness she was going through.  It's something I would never wish upon anyone. 

God called home another angel last night.  His name was Sean Madigan Hearn.

1 comment:

  1. so sad, sorry to hear this C. i'm sending prayers to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete