Monday, September 19, 2011

Finally!


It took my husband 19 years to finally finish his bachelors' degree and graduate from college.  He finished up earlier this year, and he quietly showed me his diploma when he picked it up a few months back.  He doesn't make a big deal about his graduating because he feels like he should have done it right the first time and finished back when he was "supposed" to.  I have always made a big deal about his finally finishing - I want to make sure our kids understand that Daddy never gave up on a goal of his, even if it took him many years to do it.  

I happened across my own college diploma a few months back when I was decluttering our office.  I finally bought suitable frames today and I hung our diplomas on the wall, proudly displaying them as they should be.  It was one of the best accomplishments of my life to graduate from UNC.  I want my children to understand everything that a college education has done for me, and as such, I want them to aspire to go to college and make something of themselves as well. 

Congratulations babe - I gave you the top spot because you're an inspiration to me as well as our children.  Now let's get that Master's Degree next!

No comments:

Post a Comment