Thursday, February 2, 2012

OMG

I happened across a new blog this morning and to say my heart skipped a beat was an understatement.  This blog was written by a 34 year old widow and it chronicles the first year after the death of her husband.  Her husband died of a heart attack, very unexpectedly, and pretty much because he stopped taking his Lipitor.  This hit home in so many ways for me...  my husband is 38 and has high cholesterol.  He's been on Lipitor for several years but he just abruptly stopped taking it about a year ago.  I finally pestered him about it enough that he made an appointment with the doctor.  He went for a physical yesterday and had his blood work done... but he needs to be on this medication.

God help me if something like this happened to Jayson.  After losing Heather, I don't know how I would survive losing him too.

If you haven't been to the doctor in the last year, GO.  Make sure you are healthy.  Make sure there isn't a silent killer like high cholesterol that you aren't aware of that could take you from your family and the people who love you.

2 comments:

  1. Tre's blog is my favorite on the entire internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hit way too close to home for me today. It takes a lot to rock me to the core, and to say I haven't been "right" all day since reading it is a gross understatement.

    Her writing is amazing too, regardless of the subject matter. When her book comes out, I'm definitely buying it.

    ReplyDelete