Friday, January 25, 2013

Brrrrrrrrr...

It's cold as shit here today in North Carolina.  Yes I am southern and NO I don't like cold weather.  I don't care if I'm baking on the beach and sweating like a sinner in church, I cannot stand the cold.  But since the weather man was calling for snow and a "wintry mix" today, I did what any crazy Southerner would do...  I went straight to the grocery store. 

I know what you're thinking:  grab some milk!  don't forget the bread!    Oh no my friends.  I took things up a notch and bought all of the supplies I would need to make a huge crock pot full of baked potato soup.  Yummm.

While at the Harris Teeter, I witnessed this:

26 degrees...
Winter coat?  Check.
Uggs?  Check.
Pants?  Aww.. dammit.

Having fought with the crazies preparing for SnowMageddon 2013, I got back in my car to brave the precipitation now falling steadily.

 It was scary out there!  And for the record, I was going about 10 mph so hush your mouth with the "don't drive and take pictures" comments.

This was the extent of what we got.  Just enough to piss off my dogs when they had to go outside to pee.  We had a great time watching the dogs skating across the sheet of ice on the patio.

Looks like we actually dodged the bullet.  Be careful up there, friends to the North!

1 comment: