Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wonderwall

I know I've written about this before, but it happened again this morning.  There are moments of my life frozen in time that the memories only resurface when I hear a certain song.  This morning I was listening to my iPod on shuffle and Oasis's Wonderwall came on.  Now the song in itself isn't that significant, the lyrics don't hold any true meaning, but every time I hear that song it takes me back to being in college again.  My roommate and I had the cassette single (geez, am I dating myself or what?!) and we used to play the hell out of it.  We'd listen while we were getting ready for class, we'd listen while we were studying, we'd listen before we went to bed that night.  I loved this song. 

And just for a moment I let myself go back to being 18 again - to not knowing what the future held, to not having a care in the world.  The nostalgia is almost too much to handle today.  There are so many days I wish I could go back to that time in my life and do things differently.  To choose a different major.  To remember to go to class.  To get better grades.  To take a moment and enjoy where I was in my life and where I was headed.  To take that job offer.  To go to grad school.  To move to that other state and have faith it would work out...

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how

No comments:

Post a Comment