Friday, January 27, 2012

GO TAR HEELS!

The North Carolina Tar Heels beat the NC State Wolfpack last night, 74-55.  This isn't that significant of a win in the grander scheme of things, but I feel the need to brag for a just a minute.  All year long, my brother (who is a Wolfpack grad) gives me a hard time for NCSU beating us in football for the last 5 years or so.  But he tends to forget that UNC has beat NCSU 11 times in a row in men's basketball.  And let's be honest, neither school is a "football powerhouse".  So who cares if you beat us in football.  What has your school done lately in basketball?

 There is a common misconception in this state that the "true rivalry" is between dook and Carolina.  I disagree wholeheartedly.  While I cannot stand dook, and aside from a few exceptions (hey Iliana!) most people I know that went to dook are total douchebags.  Yes, I said it.  You guys are douchebags.  If you disagree, act in a way that changes my mind.  Just sayin...

My rivalry is with NC State.  Some of my best friends went to state - Leah, Nicole, Elizabeth and John, Sarah, Jenn, Bryce, TJ and Amy, Brian...  And nothing makes me happier than embarrassing your school when we win.  But one thing you will never see from me is a blatant disrespect for you, your team, your players etc.  In fact, I don't usually gloat because I can tell most of you feel bad enough when you lose.  Why rub it in?
What I will say is that today is a good day to be a Tar Heel.  And I won't hide the love I have for my school.

GO TAR HEELS GO!

1 comment: