Monday, January 9, 2012

The soundtrack of my life

I love a good movie soundtrack.  Please don't misunderstand me - I'm not talking about a list of 80s song that accompanied a campy teen flick.  Or a bunch of random ass no name bands that someone is trying to make cooler than they are... I'm talking about original scores.  Music that was written specifically to accompany a movie.  Music that was dreamt up in someone's mind the first time they read a script.

I love music that stirs emotions while you are engrossed in the story, that rises and falls with the happy and sad, that conveys the mood and sticks with you.  I have my favorites - the soundtracks that I actually purchased because the music was just beautiful.  Forrest Gump.  The Lion King.  Dragonheart.  Titanic.  Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.  There's a list of music I played in the band growing up that every time I hear it, I'm taken back to being 15 years old, moved to tears in the middle of a concert because the music was that powerful.

Just recently I found the most amazing playlist online that I listen to every time I study.  You can find it HERE.  There are songs from certain movies on this playlist that I had forgotten about.  Songs that I love.  I figured I would share it because music is a gift and it should be shared with others.  I hope you like it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment