Tuesday, January 31, 2012

She's thrifty, she's just my type

OK so that's not how the song goes, but it should be! 

After taking another look at our finances this month, it became glaringly obvious that most of the money being spent in this household was done by me.  Sigh...  Why am I so high maintenance? 

SO, in the spirit of being thrifty, I am attempting (yet again) to limit the amount of money I spend on my nails.  I know what you're thinking.  Spoiled little girl needs her nails done, blah blah blah.  I used to be able to justify this a bit more because my job FORCED me to be in front of customers on a daily basis.  And regardless of what you may think, customers definitely form an opinion on whether or not they want to buy from you based on your appearance.  So in the past it made sense for me to have my nails done ALL THE TIME.

Now that I work from home and I'm in front of a client only a few times a year, this makes no sense for me to keep this habit up.  So I am attempting to paint my own nails.  And honestly, it's not as much of a disaster as I expected.

See?

I know it looks like my nails aren't even painted, but I can assure you, they are.  It's a sparkly color and it's really sheer.  And they look nice!  Go me!

I need more help with being thrifty though.  What other things do you do to save money where you don't feel like you're sacrificing everything?  Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment