Thursday, July 19, 2012

Now THAT was a storm

You know those "super cells" they always talk about on the Weather Channel these days?  Well I had the chance to experience one for the first time yesterday and it was SCARY.

I'm not a huge fan of storms to begin with.  Lightning terrifies me.  And yesterday was no exception.

I could hear the thunder in the distance and this is what was on the radar.  And this came out of NOWHERE.  It was sunny and hot one minute, and then this:


Yep, that was me, right where the red was the most intense.  No sooner did I look at this on my phone, all of the power went out in the house.  And then I heard what sounded like *knocking* on the back door of the house.  What on earth could that be?

It was PINE CONES flying out of the pine trees about 30 yards back in the woods behind our house.  There were pine needles and branches and pine cones flying through the air everywhere!  It was like being inside a hurricane or a tornado or something.


At this point I took the dogs and decided to go hide in my bed, under the covers, where the lightning couldn't get me!

After the storm, this is what we saw in my neighborhood.  Crazy huh?


This trampoline was swept up and carried halfway down the street!  Thank God no one was hurt and this didn't land on top of someone's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment