Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Totally Random Tuesday

Ten Totally Random Things about Me.  Just because!

1.  I love to sing in the car at the top of my lungs and I never care if someone is watching.  I usually smile and wink and serenade them if I get caught.

2.  My three biggest fears are losing a child, being widowed, and dying before my children are grown.  YES, I totally have a fear of death.  I've seen what happens to a family when you lose someone too early.  I can't handle the pain and couldn't imagine my children dealing with that.

3.  I say I love you more than most people I know.  My sons hear it multiple times a day.  I tell my friends as often as I can, and my husband will never doubt how I feel.  I made the mistake of not saying it enough in the past and I won't ever let that happen again.

4.  I can recite Paul Revere from the Beastie Boys, in its entirety.  There was this episode on SouthPark years ago where Cartman wasn't able to hear the first line of Come Sail Away without having to sing the entire song.  I suffer from the same problem, but with a rap song.  Yeah, I know I'm weird.

5.  I love sending people unexpected gifts in the mail.  A card, a mix CD, regional favorites you can't find wherever they are...  I love unexpected surprises and I wish more people understood how amazing this can make someone else feel.

6.  I have a wrist tattoo that I got last October, on probably the worst day of my life.  It says "This too shall pass" and it was the only thing that got me through that night.  I love the daily reminder and people ask me about it all the time. 

7.  I cry.  A lot.  I cry when I'm angry, when I'm frustrated, when I'm sad, when I'm scared, when I'm lonely, when I'm stressed and when I am deeply moved.  As you can imagine, it's always the waterworks when I'm around.  I wish sometimes I could take a pill to make that stop.  I would love to know what it's like not to completely fall apart.

8.  I had some health issues over the last few months.  I am ok but the gravity of the situation is finally starting to settle in.  WOW. 

9.  Most of my close friends are guys.  I've always been that way.  That being said, if you are a woman and you are in my inner circle, you must be fucking awesome!  I am dead serious - I don't trust very many women.  I think they are crazy and thrive on drama and I don't have time for it.  The women in my life are like sisters to me and I am fiercely loyal to them.  So watch out, haters!  ;)

10.  I'm impressed you have made it to the bottom of the list.  For those of you who read my blog, I am grateful you are interested and you care.  Thanks for giving me an outlet to share the innermost ramblings in my head.  If you blog yourself, what's the link?  I'd love to follow you back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! I enjoyed this post. I have one but I don't think you want to read about how I truly feel. Well, I know you care but my life is so full of strife and most of it may just be in my head, you know? Anyway, I cry too. That day where you cared enough to send me a text meant a lot. Before that, I just exploded in tears and couldn't stop them from falling. I was at the computer and my son was a couple of feet away and I was praying he didn't see me. I was distraught. You helped me get through that day by helping me smile. Thank you. You will never know the impact you have on a lot of people but you strongly represent something good in my life. (JWA)

    ReplyDelete