Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend Update

I don't usually blog over the weekend, so I thought I would try just doing a simple weekend update from now on.  Here goes!

My weekend began when I dropped Brier off at the airport with my stepmom Donna, and sent them on their merry way down to Miami.  Brier hasn't looked back and appears to be having a good time.  We did a FaceTime chat with them yesterday and he has already scraped his face on the bottom of their pool.  D'oh!

I managed to get some free time on Friday afternoon and I went in to have my hair cut and colored.  I'm much darker again (yay!) and I got 4 inches cut off my hair.  You can hardly even tell but it feels so much lighter already.



We spent most of the weekend at the pool with Tyler!  He's doing well with learning to swim and we had a great time getting some REAL sun.  The temperatures have been insane here for the last three days.  Over 100 degrees and super duper hot.  This picture is from Friday.  It reached 106 again yesterday and 102 today.



This morning I got up early and went for a run at Lake Lynn.  I managed 2.73 miles!  Go me!  I had to go first thing in the morning because of the heat, but the flipside is that I got to see this sight during my run.  The sunrise was beautiful today.

After some time spent cleaning out the garage (wow, was that a sweaty task!) we headed back to the pool again.  I can't believe the weekend has flown by as quickly as it has.  I hope you had a good one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment