Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Godzilla!


Last night I walked in the front door of my house, only to be greeted by a pair of yellow eyes looking up at me from the foyer. I stifled a scream because the babies were asleep and I was NOT about to wake them up for something like this. Somehow a lizard had managed to find his way into my house and was staring me down, trying to figure out what to do next. I ran upstairs to get my husband because, you know, that's his JOB to get all the creepy crawlies out of the house and he looked at me like "Are you kidding me? I'M not touching that thing!"

The next 5 minutes looked like a scene from a comedy you would see on the movie screen involving the bumbling hero and the equally annoying, squealing heroine. Every time the hubby would chase the lizard with the broom, he would run DIRECTLY at me! I finally decided to stand in the doorway and see what happened next. Thankfully after chasing this devil back and forth for several minutes we got him out the front door. YAY for my husband, my hero!

Now to hear him tell this story this morning to our nanny you would have thought he was fighting a dragon or Godzilla. After the effort he showed to get this THING out of our house, he can call it whatever he wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment