Friday, May 4, 2012

Late night long distance calls

I was reminiscing with a friend this morning about college and we got on the subject of long distance phone calls and how AWESOME they were when you were away from home.  It got me thinking about a guy I dated in college (and beyond at one point) who lived in another state. 

MAN, we burned up the phone lines.  I think I spent most of my "extra" money in college paying my phone bill.  :)  I couldn't help it though.  Being apart was excruciating - I looked forward to his calls more than anything else in the world.  And we used to talk about nothing exciting - maybe what we did that day, what happened in class, what was going on for the weekend.  I loved every minute of it. 

Just hearing his voice was so comforting to me.  I really miss his voice sometimes.

I miss those simpler times where you actually TALKED to one another.  No email, texting, IMs.  Communication was what brought people together - what bonded you.


1 comment: