Sunday, October 21, 2012

California knows how to partttttyyyyy

Yes, Tu-Pac has been playing in my head since we touched down this afternoon, followed by the theme song to Full House (thanks a lot Danny!).  I had the most fun being a tourist in San Francisco today. 

Here I am getting ready to drive to the Fisherman's Wharf!  I figured I would go to the most touristy area of town.  Pier 39, here I come!

These guys were loud and smelly!  Sea Lions?  Check!

I didn't feel like riding out on the boat today, so I ate dinner at a restaurant overlooking the bay.  I could see Alcatraz...

...and the Golder Gate Bridge...

 ... and the city behind me...
 ...and the bay on the other side.

Then I decided to try and find the "crookedest street in America", and I headed over to Lombard Street.  I parked here and walked up to take a look first.
These hills are incredibly steep - I heard they were close to a 40 degree angle!

Here's a pedestrian's-eye view of the street.  WHOA.

And here I go!  Wheeeeeeeeeee!


I went down twice.  OMG it was so cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment