Thursday, October 18, 2012

Colorado Springs - a pictorial

I drug my ass out of bed at 4am yesterday and flew through 4 different airports to ultimately end up in Colorado Springs for a client event.  It was worth the effort to get there - wow it's gorgeous!  I can now cross off seeing Pike's Peak, walking through the Garden of the Gods, and have a phat ride for a rental car (totally a bonus!).  The pictures below speak for themselves.  Warning: there are MANY.

4am was worth it for this view:



Hanging in the Dallas airport - I don't make a convincing cowgirl...


This is a RENTAL car?  Thanks Budget!




This made me do a double take - I honestly thought a random buffalo was on the side of the road.  I stopped in the middle of the road to snap this picture.



 Hey look!  That's Pikes Peak!



What on earth is that?  The Acropolis?  (apparently this is just a natural rock formation that looks like a castle or a Greek/Roman structure)


The following pictures were all taken at the Garden of the Gods.  WOW, what an amazing place.  I stood amongst these enormous rock structures and was just blown away by the beauty around me.  Sometimes it's overwhelming to see the world like this - I get to experience all of these things, but I'm alone when I do.   


 Colorado sunset.


 



 Gratuitous cheesy picture of your touristy self.






 

1 comment:

  1. So wish I knew you were coming. Would have loved to tour you around. More beauty to see ....so come back:)

    ReplyDelete