Monday, August 6, 2012

100 Blog Topics - #1

(While at the library yesterday I ran across this book:  No One Cares What you Ate for Lunch and 100 other blog topics.  I thought I would go with a true challenge and do this list of 100 blog topics.  So here goes...)

#1.  How I Use Facebook

The way I use Facebook has evolved a lot over the past few years.  I used to post frequent updates about what I was doing and what mental state I was in, and then it dawned on me that nobody really gave a shit.  I'm a firm believer that people who think they are important have Twitter accounts.  Guess what - I don't think I'm that important, so I stay as far away from Twitter as possible.

I have stopped posting as many pictures of the kids on Facebook as well because I want to control their identities online and I feel like I am "friends" with lots of people I don't really know all that well.  I was in charge of my 15 year class reunion at one point, so I had to be friends with many many people who barely remembered me in high school.  I mean, don't get my wrong, I am selective on who I accept a friend request from, but there are people from college, from elementary school, high school, former work colleagues and the like... and they don't all need to see my kids.  I've also realized that I have no control over what my parents and inlaws post of the kids, so there's THAT challenge too.

I tend to be more selective about what I post on my own profile.  I comment on other people's messages or posts more than I post on my own.  I occasionally post photos, but they are a handful at a time, not 150+!

That being said, how do YOU use Facebook?



No comments:

Post a Comment