Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What a nightmare!

I have many random "super powers", but one of my most favorite ones (usually) is the ability to remember my dreams in vivid details.  It's normally a blessing because some of the dreams I have are so real that I'm thankful they happen, even if it's only in my head.  They are the only chance I get to be with my sister or my other loved ones again.  And even if it's only for a brief moment, that is usually enough to sustain me.

Last night, however, was another story.  I dreamt I was being ATTACKED by two scary men.  I used to try and figure out what my dreams meant or why I would have a certain person in my dreams, but I can say with absolute certainty that I have no idea who these guys were, and it would probably serve me best to not know why on earth they were attacking me and attempting to kidnap me.

The one takeaway from this dream that I am most proud of was that I was doing my best to fight them off.  Ladies, you ALWAYS put up a fight.  They won't want to mess with you if they know you're going to be trouble!!  I know that if this ever happened in real life that I know how to actually HIT someone and I would have been doing the same thing, but I was so frustrated in my dream that I couldn't land a single punch.  NOT ONE.  And I tried and tried to do that.  Ugh.

(I'm sure in hindsight that my husband probably appreciated the fact that I didn't land a punch because it probably would have been him that got nailed, had I been successful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment