Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend update

On friday afternoon, we loaded up the kids and headed down to visit a friend's parents for the weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Jan and Tony were one of my adopted families when I was in college and their daughter Pam and I were really good friends.  It's been a while since we all hung out and so this beach weekend was planned and I've been looking forward to it since March!

The weather was great on Saturday morning, so we headed out to the beach.  My children are beach bums and would stay out there all day if I let them.

 Brier played in the surf (or lack thereof) for most of the morning.  He was either throwing a football or body surfing for several hours.  I wish I had the energy level this child has.  No wonder he's so skinny.

 Tyler spent most of the morning running up and down the shoreline.  He made Dad take him for a walk and they played in the tide pools along the beach.


This is the first trip to the beach since Tyler has been born that I actually got to sit in a chair and enjoy myself!  I took it all in... who knows when I will get back down to the coast this year.

After the beach, we headed back to the house to eat lunch and let the little ones take a nap.  There was some pool time for the big kids (and adults) but thankfully there were no pictures of that!  ;)

After naps, a rain delay and then finally showers, the kids decided they wanted to play some billiards on Mr Tony's big table.  They had a blast!





And like usual, there's always time for self portraits.  I think my children have decided they will never take a "normal" picture with their Mommy again.



See?


After we went out to dinner at one of the local joints, we had enough time for a ride on Mr Tony's pontoon boat.  Jan and Tony live in a beautiful neighborhood called Plantation Lakes, and there's a long lake/canal type thing that weaves in and out all through the neighborhood.  So we loaded all the kids up on the boat and went for a ride.


 Captain Brier driving the boat!



Captain Tyler driving the boat!



The whole crew!




 Pam and I with Addison on the front of the boat heading home.

We had such a blast and cannot wait to go back and visit again.  Thanks for the hospitality Jan and Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment