Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dreams

So I woke up this morning from a horrible dream.  I dreamt that my sister's dog, Max, had died.  I have been Max's adoptive parent since my sister passed away back in 2004, and this would have been a very sad day if I had woken up and this turned out to be true. 

Max drives me nuts.  He's expensive.  He barfs under my bed.  He barks at the trash guys.  He eats lizards and pees on everything.  But he's my special link to Heather and I'm not ready for that relationship to be over yet. 

The truth of the matter is that he is getting old.  He is almost 11 years old and he is getting on up there in doggie years.  I know his mortality is imminent eventually, but I can't help being sad about that thought.  Sigh...

Isn't he cute though?

No comments:

Post a Comment