Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Super Sad True Love Story

So I volunteer in the Durham County Library from time to time (hell yes, my nerd card is out and proudly on display) and I came across a book today that made me stop and reflect.  It was called Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart.

If I was going to write a memoir about my first "REAL" love, this would be an aptly titled book.  Too bad that shit is already taken.  But in all seriousness, it really is a sad and ridiculously heartbreaking story.

While mine is a super sad true love story, it has a bit of a happy ending...  I am lucky enough that I still get to talk to the subject of this book on a fairly regular basis.  And that, to me, is a super happy thank the lord tale.  And I intend to make sure it stays that way.  Always.

Sometimes things may not turn out how you wanted or hoped, but the alternative is pretty wonderful too.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment