Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sleepless in Seattle?

Not THIS girl!

I had my own personal tour guide today as I got the chance to explore some of the more eclectic and beautiful parts of Seattle.  My coworker Shawn just recently moved here so he was nice enough to take me out to lunch and show me around.

We ate at a cute little cafe called 14 Carrots.  Then we drove to the Troll Avenue Bridge and found this guy:

"I'm the grumpy old trolllllllll, that lives under the bridge!" (only my parent friends will get that one)

Then we went looking for all the house boats where they filmed Sleepless in Seattle.  There were a few little rows of houseboats and they were floating right on the water.  Very cool.

 So many little canals and hidden treasures in between

 On the edge of Lake Union


Walking back up from the waters edge

Then we drove down to the Puget Sound.  There was a cute little park and beach and everything. 



 All that's missing is Jacob from Twilight!  :)


Gratuitous Cheesy Tourist picture

More to come tonight - I'm having dinner with my client at the restaurant on top of the Space Needle.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment