Thursday, November 29, 2012

The progression of a photo opp

So if you have children you know that it's nearly impossible to take a picture with everyone looking at the camera and smiling at the same time.  If you have BOYS, that difficulty intensifies exponentially.  I luckily have very photogenic children who just LOVE to have their picture taken and the invention of the camera that spins around on the iPhone has only made this easier for everyone involved. 

But check out this sequence of events from last night.  I just wanted to take a nice photo of me and the boys at dinner so I could send it to the grandparents and earn some brownie points.  This is what happened next.  I call it "How NOT to take a photo of you and your kids"...

Exhibit A:

Decide that you want to take a picture of your kids.  Get them both sitting next to you.  Take picture.
Blurry first attempt.  Dammit!  Good job Mom...

Exhibit B:  Try again.

Cut off adorable 3 year old.  And holy FIVEHEAD!  I hate the way the iPhone makes me look like I have a huge head.

Exhibit C:  Tyler requests we do a "scary face".

We look confused more than anything.

Exhibit D: Decide a funny face is more appropriate. 

And obviously 7 year old doesn't know what FUNNY means.

Exhibit E:  Second attempt.

 That's just scary.

Exhibit F:  Attempt another "nice" picture.

Three year old has other plans.

Exhibit G:  Seven year old gives up.
Is this as good as it gets?

Exhibit H:  Last ditch effort.

That's just gonna have to do!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Tell me more about this spinning camera on the iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny. I think I will follow you because you are funny and I like to see what other people are doing. And you are kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you Anonymous - we're glad you've joined us!

    ReplyDelete