Sunday, November 11, 2012

Trip to CA catch up

My trip to California was pretty cool.  The event turned out to be a bust and not worth my time, but I did get to see two of my friends that live in Los Angeles.  I even made a quick trip to the Santa Monica pier and got to spend some time watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. 


It was super windy on the pier, but I was determined to watch the sunset, so I battled the wind!


How cool is this shot?


Every time I thought I could get a good picture, the wind would blow again and this is what I would end up with.


Finally!  Success!  (and a random sea gull too!)


The pier had an extra platform down below so you could get right on the level of the water.  It was very cool.


The sunset was beautiful, even if my picture-taking abilities weren't stellar.  (Nice horizon, Carrie!)


I really wanted to ride the ferris wheel but they weren't running it because it was so windy.  Wahh!

Tomorrow I leave for Portland and Seattle - two additional places I've never been.  I'm looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment